With Apple’s announcement of iOS 9 and the new multi-tasking and other features that Apple is asking developers to support, Software Ops has determined the future of My Eyes Only lies with the Pro version that can be found here.
We will remove MEO™ Classic from the App Store when iOS 9 is released to the public this fall. Our active support of that version of the app will end, with the exception we will always help our customers migrate to My Eyes Only® using our Syncryption service.
Migrate to My Eyes Only® Now
Here are the steps to migrate your data to MEO Pro:
- In MEO Classic make sure you are signed into a Syncryption account and that your sync days remaining is more than a zero. If not, then either create a Syncryption account or purchase more syncing time. You can do all that in MEO Classic -> Sync tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Let the app sync completely if you are updating or creating a new account. If you have an active account and syncing is turned on, your data should be on our secure servers.
- If you have an account then search for “Sync Info”, you should find your Syncryption password and account. Write that information down. The same is true if you just created your Syncryption account.
- Next download MEO™ from the App Store. On your device use this link: [ https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id486403498?pt=216695&ct=MEOClassic-EoL&mt=8 ] or search for My Eyes Only®. The icon looks like this:
- Launch the app and first configure a local app access password, then second sign up for an existing Syncryption using the credentials from above.
- Let it Sync. Your data will now be in MEO™.
You will notice that MEO™ has features that are not available in MEO™ Classic.
- Touch ID support for new iPhones and iPads
- More predefined categories
- The ability to create your own categories
- Ongoing support for new versions of iOS and select features supported in the new OS versions.
In closing, I want to emphasize that we will stop supporting MEO™ Classic this fall when iOS 9 is released. Please move to MEO Pro as soon as possible.
Update: For further assistance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org