Software Ops has decided to handle two challenges at the same time with the rebranding of My Eyes Only Classic to ID Lock (id.lock).Read More
The 3.4 updated to My Eyes Only Classic had a bug in the code that caused the software to reject the correct app access password. A password would never work and that was a huge issue for users of My Eyes Only Classic. (Understatement of the month.)Read More
With Apple’s announcement of iOS 9 and the new multi-tasking and other features that Apple is asking developers to support, Software Ops has determined the future of My Eyes Only lies with the My Eyes Only Pro version that can be found here.
We will remove MEO Classic from the App Store in a few short days. Our active support of that version of the app will end, with the exception we will always help our customers migrate to MEO Pro using our Syncryption service.
Migrate to MEO Pro NowRead More
UPDATE 1, 9-27-17: I have learned something new today and that is if you are using iCloud to backup your device you can select an iCloud backup prior to Sept, 15, 2017 and you should have MEO Classic data prior to the 3.4 update.
Here is Apple's instructions on doing a device restore: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184 The iCloud backup date must be older then the the day you updated Classic for it to work.
Do the restore and then make sure that Classic 3.4.1 is on your device and you should get access to your data.
UPDATE 2, 9-26-17 TUESDAY 6:30PM PHOENIX AZ: APPLE HAS APPROVED VERSION 3.4.1 WHICH IS THE FIX FOR THE PASSWORD ENTRY PROBLEM FOR MY EYES ONLY CLASSIC.
It will take a few hours for the app to be visible in the App Store on your devices. All you have to do is download version 3.4.1, once it is in the App Store on your device, and then launch the app and enter the password you have been using. It should open.
Unless you deleted the app off your device or you saw the message that the app rest and delete all the data after the 6th attempt to enter your password. If that happened then the following two options may still exist for you:
1) Did you have a previous backup of your data in our optional Syncryption service? We can use that to restore your data if you have an account and it is active. Let me know and I will help you restore your Syncryption backup. Send us an email to email@example.com for help with this step.
2) You might try restoring your device using iCloud. Give it a try, one person reported success. Here is Apple's instructions on doing a device restore: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184 After the restore, download 3.4.1 as per the instructions above and try your password.Read More
Here is how to check your My Eyes Only® syncing status:
1) Syncing is turned on, as shown in the image below.
2) Sync Days is more than 0 (zero).
If you are below 30 days, you can extend your subscription by selecting "Purchase Syncryption" the make a payment selection.
When you get a new iPhone 7, or any other new iPhone or iPad, and you had been using Touch ID in the past, you will first need to reconfigure your finger prints. If you forget to do that Touch ID in My Eyes Only® will not work.
After you reconfigure your finger prints in the Apple Setting app, you may have to do the following to get Touch ID working for MEO™:
- Launch MEO™ and enter your password. (It is important you remember you MEO™ app access password. Write it down somewhere safe.)
- Select the Tools tab and then Select Touch ID
- Turn Touch ID off and on again if needed.
That should get Touch ID working again.
Also, while you are at it, select the Sync tab in MEO™ and make sure that you have syncing days left and that syncing is on. If you need to purchase more syncing time, which also backups up your encrypted data on our secure servers, then select Purchase Syncryption and select an option to extend your syncing time.
Thank you and enjoy your new iPhone 7!